Yesterday I was interviewed by Richard White – the accidental salesman – and he asked me about how my affordable WordPress website design business works. This is how to use content marketing and your business blog to generate leads online.
First you setup your WordPress website then write content using your expertise (think about all those frequently asked questions potential clients always ask – they make great blog posts 🙂 ) and you can share it via any social media profiles you already have.
There is a ‘middle man’ standing between you and the people searching online for local products and services – its called the search engines and unless they know who it is you help and how they won’t connect you to their customers – the people searching. By writing great content and optimising that content your local blog gets found. The people who find you may do one of many things:
1. Subscribe to your blog using an opt in box if you have provided a free ebook/ecourse or other free gift
2. Subscribe to your blog using your RSS FEED so they can stay in touch with your latest blog posts
3. Complete your enquiry form and get in touch about using your business
4. Call you to say they are coming into your shop to buy or to enquiry about buying
5. Take down your business address and visit you
All of this happens by simply keeping your business blog up to date with great content that is useful to them and any business can do this.
So, that is how to use content marketing and your business blog to generate leads online.
If you are looking into starting a business blog find out how I can help – click here to complete my enquiry form and I will call you back.